The ELA 2015 annual conference - Extradition and Human Rights Question Time - 11 November 2015 - 6pm for 6.30pm. - The Great Hall, Grays Inn
This year's conference will be in the style of Question Time - our panel will take questions from the panel chair. The panel will include:
- Chair - The Rt Hon Lord Inglewood
- Anne-Marie Kundert - CPS
- Professor Rod Morgan - University of Bristol
- Andrew Symeou
- Hugo Keith QC - 3 Raymond Buildings
Followed by a drinks reception from 8pm.
Tickets can be purchased online here
Non-members - £50
1.5 CPD credit for solicitors and barristers.
The Extradition Lawyers Association held a social event for members on the evening of Wednesday 9th September 2015 at the offices of Corker Binning at 22 Essex Street. A team quiz (with extradition themed questions) took place followed by with drinks and canapés.
Tuesday 24 March 2015 - The House of Lords 2015 Extradition Report
The House of Lords Extradition Law Select Committee was appointed on 12 June 2014 to consider and report on the law and practice relating to extradition, in particular the Extradition Act 2003.
Lord Inglewood, Chairman of the Committee
Lord Brown of Eaton-under-Heywood
of the House of Lords Extradition Law Select Committee will present and take questions on their report that is due for publication on 10 March 2015.
1.5 CPD for solicitors and barristers
FREE to ELA members
26 February 2015 - Changes to the Jurisdiction of the Court of Justice from 1 December 2014
- Marie Demetriou QC
- Helen Malcolm QC and
- Jago Russell
The ELA 2014 annual conference "Recent reforms to the extradition process and ongoing issues, with a focus on mental health" took place on 18th November 2014 the Large Pension Room, Gray's Inn.
- Lord Inglewood (Chair of the House of Lords Committee on Extradition Law)
- Professor Nigel Eastman (Professor of Law and Ethics in Psychiatry. Honorary Consultant Forensic Psychiatrist, St George’s University of London)
- James Eadie QC (Blackstone Chambers)
- Ian Brownlee (Senior Policy Adviser CPS)
26 June 2014 – US-UK Extradition: An Inside Perspective
Panel of speakers chaired by Peter Binning of Corker Binning:
- Nick Vamos CPS;
- Roger Burlingame of Kobre & Kim - former US DOJ Prosecutor;
- Jeffrey H Knox, Chief, Criminal Division, Fraud Section, US Department of Justice